Forever after, there were for them only two sorts of men: the men who were on the Line, and the rest of humanity, who were not.
In the despair of a Japanese POW camp on the Burma Death Railway, surgeon Dorrigo Evans is haunted by his love affair with his uncle’s young wife two years earlier. Struggling to save the men under his command from starvation, from cholera, from beatings, he receives a letter that will change his life forever.
This is a story about the many forms of love and death, of war and truth, as one man comes of age, prospers, only to discover all that he has lost.
Read more at https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/1098787/the-narrow-road-to-the-deep-north/#K70vyZyZdlwYhr5v.99
Autres contributions de...
- Première personneRichard FlanaganActes Sud23,00
- À contre-courantRichard FlanaganActes Sud9,80
- La route étroite vers le nord lointain / romanRichard FlanaganActes Sud9,80
- La Route étroite vers le Nord lointainRichard FlanaganActes Sud23,00
- Le Livre de GouldRichard FlanaganActes Sud9,80
- DésirerRichard FlanaganBelfond